Friday, July 20, 2012

Frankenstein Descriptive Paragraph Unit

I'm finally finished! This unit has been taking up all the free space in my mind for the past three days.  I could have completed it in one day, but life called and I had to this on the back burner. 

This is a whole week unit that I plan to use to teach adjectives.  I'll intro adjectives around Halloween with this unit.  However this is not when I will actually be doing my full adjectives unit.  That will come after my first writing assignment of the year (personal narratives).  My students have struggled a little in years past with having lots of detail in their narratives.  I'm hoping by doing this little mini unit, the students will have a better idea of what I'm expecting.

parent letter

rough draft

final draft papers

The unit comes complete with a unit plan, parent letter, rough draft, final draft, and student guess chart.  The guess chart is explained in the unit plan.  I honestly can't really wait until Halloween, because I'm so excited about this unit!  It is available for purchase at my TpT store. 

Now I'm off to get groceries so that I can come back and get cracking on anchor charts!

0 comments:

Post a Comment