Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Anchor Chart Challenge Day 2: Writing COPS/Capital Letters

I'm watching my favorite show right now (So You Think You Can Dance), but I know that if I don't tear myself away and get today's anchor charts up, I'll get behind and I don't want that to happen again!  Today was another busy, busy day, but I was able to finish the chart I started last night.  I was debating a little bit on this one; after completing half of the chart, I couldn't decide if I liked it or not.

What gets a capital letter? anchor chart
I suppose that I don't think that it's terrible, but that's as good of a review as I'm going to give it.  I figure that if I keep my rate up and make close to 50 posters this summer, I'm bound to have a couple that I'm just not that crazy about.  I'd definitely lump this one into that category. :(

The other chart that I made turned out very well.  I got the idea from a printable.  I decided to make it a chart though, because some my students tend to lose things from time to time!


I tried my best to free-hand a police badge, but that was a little bit out of my range.  I found one easily enough with Google though!  I printed it and traced the outline to make it a little darker before gluing it to the chart.  If I had to make it again, I'd write the information after the colon a little bigger. 

I talked yesterday about how I was working on a really awesome mini-unit I was working on that I was going to finish today and get it all up tonight.  With a three hour cheer practice, 1 hour 20 minute drive (each way), doctor appointment (45 minutes away), dinner, anchor charts, SYTYCD, and blogging, I pretty much ran out of time.  I began making little notes for myself to remember what all needed to do in case I had to stop in the middle of the project.


Boy, am I glad that I did that! My notes are still on my desk waiting for me to finish.  It's #1 on my list after cheer practice (and that drive) tomorrow, so hopefully I'll get it finished before the weekend.

Happy Hump Day! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment