Monday, July 16, 2012

Custom Ruler Holder.


So I totally meant to get this up yesterday, but I wasn't able to. :(  Sometimes I don't know where the days go!  I got the idea for this on Pinterest and thought it looked easy.  I can't express how beyond simple it was to make.  All you need to start are an empty Pringles can (washed out), scissors, ruler, one page of scrapbook paper, glue pen or thin double-sided tape, and (self-adhesive) ribbon.


The first step is to measure the construction paper to fit the Pringles can.  Lucky for you, I've already done this so I can tell you that you'll need to cut it to 10"x10 1/8".  I used these measurements (which are a little short lengthwise) because I was wrapping ribbon around the top and bottom.  If you're not going to use ribbon then cut the paper to 10x10 3/16.


 After cutting out the paper comes the difficult part.  I used a glue pen, but if you can find double-sided tap, I would highly recommend that.  I used the outside border of the nutritional information as a way to make sure my paper was nicely lined up.  I made a line of glue all the way down the container and held the paper there until the glue dried. Then I added a little glue to the paper at a time and kept rolling the container into the glue.

 
After the glue dried and the paper was secure to the container, I applied a piece of the adhesive ribbon along the seam to keep it covered.  I then wrapped more of the ribbon around the top and the bottom to keep the paper secure to the tube and also to cover up any messy edges.



The only thing about this project that I didn't like is that the Pringles container is not tall enough to be able to place the cap on with the rulers safely inside. :(  I guess things can't work out perfectly all the time!

My next project of the day is to continue working on anchor charts.  I've gotten two done so far, and they're proving to be more complicated than I thought! My goal is to make one a day until school starts.  If I take out the days I'm at the beach for my vacation, that would give me 32 in all.  My Pinterest Anchor Chart board only has 25 charts on it, so I guess that means that I'm going to have to spend more time on Pinterest searching for me! ;)

Katie

0 comments:

Post a Comment